“An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge”.
I learnt something new yesterday, thanks to my roommate. Did you know that the non -alcoholic version of cocktails is called Mocktails ? Yep, you are not the only one who did not know 😉. So prepare your thanchu’s for Ekemini John who prepared it to supply for an event ( Choi!! Chel your mates are doing business what you doing??😕).
There is no better way to feel the Christmas and New Years vibe than these easy to follow mocktail recipes.
Note: It is best to use discretion when preparing your mocktail so let your quantity of ingrediets be based on the number of people you are serving.
- Sunny Fizz Mocktail
Ingredients: Orange juice, Zobo syrup, Lemonade, Ice cubes, Slices of orange or lemon/lime.
- Combine the orange juice and lemonade together in a jug and mix.
- Place ice cubes in the glass and pour the mixed juice into the glass.
- Next, gently add the zobo syrup via the side of the glass. This would settle at the bottom of the glass as shown in the image above.
2. Watermelon Mocktail
Watermelon is definitely one of my favourite fruits. I recently learnt that watermelon is a low calorie fruit, so you should try to incorporate watermelon more often to your meals. There is nothing as annoying as unripe watermelon so knock/ tap the fruit to check for its’ hollowness. If it sounds hollow, it is ripe.
Ingredients: 6 watermelon, 1/2 cup of water, 2 teaspoons of Ribena, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar for syrup, lemon slices, 2 teaspoons of Alomo bitters and Ice cubes.
- Blend the water melon with 1/4 cup of water.
- Form your syrup by mixing sugar with warm water.
- Add the sugar mix to the watermelon juice, add alomo bitters and Ribena.
- Rub the lemon slices around the glass rim and rub the glass in sprinkles or sugar for garnishing.
- Pour some ice cubes in your glass and pour the watermelon juice and serve cold.
3. Zobo Chapman:
Zobo has several uses, but it is widely known in Nigeria for the traditional Zobo drink. Research showed that it could also be used to cook traditional Nigerian soups like Ishapa and Margi Special but it’s the white variety that would be used when preparing these sops.
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons of Zobo syrup, 1 cup of Fanta, 1 cup of 7up or Sprite, 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of Alomo bitters and Ice cubes.
- Pour your Zobo syrup in a glass
- Pour in your Fanta, Lemon juice and 7Up. Stir till all liquids are well combined.
- Add your Alomo bitters and stir as well.
- Add ice-cubes and a slice of lemon or cucumber and serve cool.
4. Cuddles on the Beach:
This is the mocktail version of Sex on the Beach. Vodka is removed and the peach schnapps is replaced with peach nectar.
5. Cherry Coketail:
Blend Cherry, vanilla,a touch of lime and coca-cola together.
6. Gabby’s Punch:
This mocktail consists basically of citrus. It is made by blending orange, pineapple and passion fruit juice together.
7. Watermelon Breeze:
Blend watermelon, coconut water and lime together till it becomes smooth.
8. Strawberry- Banana Margarita:
Blend strawberry, banana and orange juice together. Add freshly squeezed out lime.
I’d love to hear from you in the comment if you’ve tried any of these mocktails before and if you would love more recipes…….