Today’s post is about doing things I have not tried before. I hardly try out new recipes but when it comes to weird food combinations you’ve got me. I am very good at sticking with the meals I learnt from my mum. That’s about to change now. When my mum heard what I was preparing, the look on her face said it all. When I was done, the aroma alone coupled with the sight of me enjoying the meal,
She had no choice but to serve it to my dad as breakfast.
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 small onions – chopped or diced
- 3 cubes of Maggi seasoning
- 1 dried fish cut
- 1 cooking spoon of palm oil
- 2 tbspns of grounded crayfish
- Cut Vegetable leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water for cooking
- Peel your potatoes and cut to your required size.
N/B: The peeled potatoes should be kept in a bowl of water otherwise it will blacken.
- Wash your dried fish, debone, cut to small pieces and put aside.
- Boil your potatoes.
- Add the diced onions, maggi seasoning, salt, pepper and palm oil.
- Leave to boil for 20 minutes.
- Add half of your cut vegetables and your fish.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add your remaining vegetable leaves.
- Reduce your cooking light and boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I would love to know if you tried out the recipe in the comments below and your lovely thoughts.
Thanks for reading.