There are millions of food blogs that have been opened on the internet and thousands of these blogs belong to Nigerians.
Some of these Nigerian food bloggers have been around for some time and are ‘pros’ while some are just starting out-but they seem to know what they are doing.
If you are a food blogger but have not found your footing yet and are confused on what to do, or if you are looking for some amazing recipes, check out these bloggers below .
1)Sisi Jemimah :Jemimah Adebiyi is the recipe developer of Sisi Jemimah. Her recipes are explained with detailed step by step pictures, so you can never go wrong when following her recipes. Her blog has all the best recipes for stews, soups, Nigerian meals, rice, snacks, everything.
2) Nigerian Lazy Chef :Her blog has been recognized by CNN, this shows how much of a big deal she is in Nigerian food blogging. Nma Okpara’s blog page is very neat and her food photography skills would make you feel like a learner when it comes to capturing food images.
3) 1qfoodplatter: Iquo Umoh is a dietitian and her blog is aimed at creating healthy dishes with Nigerian ingredients. She has a foolproof family meal plan to ensure that everyone is nourished despite their busy schedules.
4) Dooney’s kitchen Dunni Obata’s aim is to give Nigerian food the identity that it deserves. If you don’t not know what yoodles is, you need to follow her. She has combined yam, egusi soup and indomie before to create an amazing meal.
5) Ada’s Recipes:Ada’s blog teaches you how to cook super tasty Nigerian meals. Her blog is the go to blog for anything ‘how to’ related and she tries to makes cooking more fun instead of tasking.
Ify Larry-Agugor’s started food blogging as a way to deal with adultng and her love for food plastered her passion for blogging. In her words, “…Food blogging for me started as a form of therapy”. She loves being anonymous, during her reviews. Either her famous back is showing or her face is covered with a menu.
7) Foodie Dame: Damilola Aladesuru of foodie Dame set up her blog to give Nigerians insights into food matters and she also shares recipes on her blog.
8)Yummy Medley: This is the first Nigerian blog I have seen owned by a couple- Lois and Femi. Their blog and recipes shows us in their writing, how fun their relationship is and it also illustrates their love for tasty food.
Her instagram page is filled with mouthwatering dishes. You cannot visit her page when you are hungry, otherwise the foods displayed there would leave you salivating and you might just open your mouth to eat. Trust me on this one.
10) Pinch of Chel There is no way I would make a post about ‘food bloggers you should follow’ and not add myself- the one and only Pinch of Chel. My blog is focused on incorporating food into your every day lives through books, music, movies, faith and recipe sharing.
Who are your favorite food bloggers that did not make the list, Nigerian or Non-nigerian. I would love to know in the comments below!