In the spirit of Valentine’s Day tomorrow, I decided to bake a simple red velvet cake with no icing. Honestly, I’ve been craving sugar and since Valentine’s Day tomorrow, it is the perfect excuse on why I am consuming sugar.
If you are looking for something different from your average chocolate cake, red velvet cake can be a good alternative.
- 2½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1½teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of red food colouring
- 1½ cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavor
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat your Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl sift all your dry ingredients ( Flour, Baking powder, Salt and Cocoa Powder).
- In another bowl, cream the Butter with Sugar until it’s light and Fluffy
Or, you can use your cake mixer to mix your butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, butter and sugar mixture, red food colour and milk to the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together until it is evenly combined.
- Bake for 30 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the cake.
Red velvet cake can be a starting point to finding my mumu button. After baking, I hope you enjoyed this cake as much as I enjoyed mine.
Share with your loved ones!